This is a flexitarian recipe from Vietnam. It serves 2, and is ready in about 1 hour and 25 minutes (including 1 hour for the marinating time).
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ½ tablespoon of 5-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
Slice the chicken in fillets and place them in a food container (which has a lid). Reserve.
In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the shallots until softened. Add the garlic, 5-spice powder, soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
Pour the marinade above the chicken, stirring to make sure it covers all the pieces. Put the food container covered in the fridge for 1 hour. Shake it once in a while.
Thread the chicken fillets on the skewers (it should fit 4 skewers). Cook under the grill of the oven 5 minutes on each side.