This is the recipe for some tasty and healthy fennels and salmon baked in coconut milk. The quantities in the recipe here are for 2. It’s ready in 35 minutes or so.
- 2 salmon fillets without the skin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 fennel bulbs, excess stalk removed, bottom cut and outside leaves removed. Cut into halves, and sliced.
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat – with no oil. When hot, cook the salmon fillets 1 minute on each side. Transfer the salmon to an oven proof bowl.
In the frying pan, add the olive oil, fennel, spring onions, onion, chili, garlic, and ginger, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and coriander, and cook 2 minutes more.
Spread the vegetable mixture above and around the salmon, and pour the coconut milk over. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 25 minutes. And serve!