This is the healthy variation of the famous French Chèvre chaud (chèvre means ‘goat’, and chaud means ‘hot’) dish. This vegetarian salad serves 2. It’s ready in 25 minutes or so.
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, peeled
- 4 x 1 cm-thick slices of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
Preheat the oven at 225 degrees Celsius.
Place one slice of goat cheese in the centre of each mushroom cap, and sprinkle with the olive oil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until the goat cheese becomes golden.
In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette in a large bowl: mix together the olive oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the lettuce and chives, and stir well.
Dress two plates with the lettuce mixture, and place the roasted mushrooms on each.