This is a healthy veggie dip recipe serving 2. This baba ghanoush (I call it “variation” as I add the walnuts) is ready in 60 minutes or so. This eggplant dip is a staple in our home.
- 1 eggplant, pierced with a fork on 1 side
- 1 ½ tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 handful of walnut halves, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
Roast the eggplant with the pierced side facing up for about 40 minutes, or until the eggplant is very wrinkled.
Let the eggplant cool for 10 minutes until easily handled. Split it open above a medium-size food container, and scrape out the flesh with a fork.
Add the tahini, olive oil and garlic, and stir well. Season with salt to taste. Stir in the walnuts, and serve.