Wondering what to do with kohlrabi? This is a healthy kohlrabi and chicken noodle recipe ready in no time – in 25 minutes or so. The quantities here serve 2.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small kohlrabi, peeled and diced
- 5 or 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh peeled and finely chopped ginger root
- 75 g of dried noodles
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, kohlrabi, mushroom, spring onion, garlic and ginger, and cook for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
In the meantime, boil the noodles in salted water according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Add the soy sauce to the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the noodles, and toss until well combined and heated through.