This is a healthy vegetarian soup recipe serving 2. It’s ready in 45 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 ears corn, cut the corn kernels off the cob
- 2 cups of peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of chopped white cabbage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- 1 ½ tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
In a cooking pot over medium-high heat, add the oil, corn, sweet potato, cabbage, onion and celery, and stirring often, cook for about 15 minutes or until the sweet potato begins to soften.
Stir in the flour, parsley and thyme. Add the water and bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium, stir in the cream, and simmer uncovered for a further 10 minutes. Then serve.