This is a healthy food recipe serving 2 (389 calories per serving), and is ready in 40 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups of courgette, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 x 400 gr tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of hot water
- Salt and pepper
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
In a cooking pot over medium-high heat, add the oil, chicken and courgette, and cook until the chicken is slightly golden. Remove the chicken and courgette out of the cooking pot, leaving the oil, and set aside.
Toast the cumin and coriander seeds a few seconds in the cooking pot, and then stir in the chilli, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and the hot water, and cook stirring frequently for about 7 minutes until reduced and thicken.
Add the courgette and chicken back to the cooking pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the fresh coriander, and serve.