This is a healthy vegetarian soup serving 2-3. It’s ready in 45 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of peeled and diced courgette
- 2 cups of peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
In a large cooking pot over high heat, add the olive oil, courgette, sweet potato, garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onion is soft and translucent. Cover with 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
Remove from the heat, and carefully blend the soup with a stick blender – or a blender/food processor (bring back the soup to the cooking pot after blending). Taste the soup, and add more pepper and salt if needed. Cook a few minutes more until the soup is slightly thicker and hot through. Stir in the chives, and serve.