This is a healthy vegetarian recipe using plenty of fresh vegetables (and in my dream these vegetables come from my garden). The quantity here serve 2. It’s ready in 40 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium red potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of pumpkin, peeled and diced
- ½ cup of peas (if from frozen, defrosted)
- 1 cup of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 2 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
In a cooking pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, carrot, potato, onion, pumpkin, peas, cauliflower, garlic, thyme and rosemary. Stirring often, cook until the onion is soft.
Cover with the hot water. Add the bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook covered for about 25 minutes or until the potato is soft and cooked through.
Let it cool for a few minutes before serving!