High in dietary fibres, folate and vitamin C, and a good source of iron and vitamin B1, this lentil and radish salad is a healthy food recipe. It serves 2 (195 calories per serving), and is ready in 45 minutes or so.
- 1/2 cup of dried (= about 1 cup cooked) green or brown lentils, picked and rinsed
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 medium radishes, diced
- ¼ of green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
Cook the lentils in a saucepan with the hot water until just tender and no longer crunchy, about 20 minutes. Strain and set aside.
Prepare the vinaigrette in a serving bowl: mix together the olive oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
When the lentils are cool, transfer them to the serving bowl. Stir in the radishes, green pepper and onion. Toss well and serve.