This lemon and ginger prawn salad is a healthy food recipe high in vitamins A, C, K and fibres. The quantities here serve 2. It is ready in 10 minutes + 2 hours for the marinating time.
- Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup of frozen precooked prawns, defrosted and shelled. Remove the excess water as much as possible.
- 3 cups of rocket salad
- 3 tablespoons of fresh pomegranate arils
- ½ medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
Prepare the marinade: in a food container with a lid, whisk together the lemon juice and one tablespoon of olive oil until smooth. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Season with salt to taste.
Add the prawns, and press with the spoon to make sure the marinade covers them all. Put the food container covered in the fridge for at least two hours, or until ready to eat.
Prepare the salad: in a mixing bowl, add the rocket, pomegranate arils and one tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Toss well and dress two plates. Add the sliced avocado. Strain the prawns out of the marinate, and dispose them on the plates. And serve!