This is a healthy chicken recipe full of flavours, and is very easy to prepare.
The quantities in the recipe here serve two (about 243 calories per serving). Allow at least 6 hours for the marinating time.
- 1 small pot of Greek yogurt (130 g)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of tandoori spice blend
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
In a medium food container (with a lid), mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, coriander leaves, fresh ginger, tandoori spice blend, paprika, salt and pepper.
Add the chicken, and stir to make sure the marinade covers all the pieces. Put the food container covered in the fridge overnight, or for a least 6 hours.
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
Spread the chicken on an oven tray, and cook for 25 minutes, turning once half way through.
I served this Tandoori chicken with roasted sweet potatoes as I was using the oven to cook the chicken.
Roasted sweet potatoes
Peel the sweet potato and chop into 1.5-cm cubes. In a plastic bag, add the sweet potato, olive oil (1 tablespoon for 3 cups of sweet potato), salt and pepper. Close the bag and shake it for a while for the sweet potato pieces to be covered in oil. Spread them on an oven tray, and bake for 25 minutes (turn halfway during cooking).