This is a low sugar rhubarb and strawberry crumble! This lovely and colourful crumble is ready in 60 minutes or so. The quantities in the recipe serve 4 people (smaller servings).
- 2 cups of fresh rhubarb, cut into 1-cm thick slices
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- ¾ cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted (but not brown!)
Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
In a mixing bowl, add the rhubarb, strawberries and flour, and mix to combine. Transfer to a 16 x 25 cm baking dish.
In the same mixing bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cinnamon. Add the melted butter, and mix well with a fork until crumbly, making sure that all the ingredients are moist. Spread evenly over the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
Bake for 40 minutes or so, until the rhubarb is soft and the crumble topping slightly brown. Let it cool for a few minutes, and serve warm.
Adapted from allrecipes’ Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch.