Easy to prepare, this healthy tuna and brown rice salad will be a great addition to a flexitarian picnic. It’s also lovely as a main dish, served with some whole grain bread and butter.
The quantitites in the recipe serve 3-4 people as a main dish.
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of vinegar (I use apple vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 10 capers, rinsed and chopped
- 3 small yellow or orange sweet peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of cooked green beans (if from frozen, defrost)
- 2 cans of tuna in brine, well drained and tuna broke apart with a fork
- 3-4 cups of cold cooked brown rice (I will post tomorrow the instructions to cook fluffy rice)
- 3 eggs, boiled, peeled, and cut into quarters
In a large serving bowl, add the olive oil, apple vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, shallot, capers, and mix well to combine.
Add the sweet pepper, tomato, romaine lettuce, green beans, tuna, and rice, and toss well. Top with the boiled eggs cut into quarters. And serve!