This is the recipe for a fresh mushroom and whole wheat pasta salad. This vegetarian salad is great for summer dining.
The quantities in the recipe here are for 2 people. The salad is ready in 45 minutes or so.
- 1 ½ to 2 cups (150 g to 200 g) of dry whole wheat penne rigate pasta
- 4 medium fresh button mushrooms (preferably organic), peeled and sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced (I put half an orange and half a yellow bell pepper)
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon
Over high heat, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook according to package instructions, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, transfer to a serving bowl, cover with a clean tea towel, and let it cool.
When cooled, add the mushroom, bell pepper, spring onion and coriander, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
Add the oil mixture to the pasta salad, toss well, and serve!