This fennel and orange salad makes a delicious vegetarian summer lunch.
The quantities in the recipe here are for 2 people. It’s ready in 15 minutes or so.
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large fennel bulb, excess stalk removed, bottom cut and outside leave removed. Cut into halves and thinly sliced.
- 1 orange, peeled and pith removed. Sliced and seeds removed.
- 1 small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Some parmesan, shaved into flakes with a vegetable peeler
In a large serving bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and mix until smooth.
Add the lettuce, fennel, orange, mint, and toss well.
Before serving, add the parmesan.
Adapted from Petersham Nurseries’ Orange & fennel salad for Meat Free Week UK