Meatless Monday: Mushroom & goat cheese sandwich
Pack your own lunch = know what’s in your food + save money!
I am adding a new “Packed lunch” ideas category to the blog, debuting with this vegetarian sandwich recipe I prepared for Meatless Monday.
The quantities here are for 1. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes.
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 4-5 fresh medium mushrooms, sliced
- A small bunch of flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- A little bit of onion, finely chopped
- ¼ garlic clove, peeled and minced
- A whole grain sandwich roll
- Goat cheese spread
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, mushrooms, parsley, onion and garlic. Stirring often, cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
Cut the bread roll into halves, spread the goat cheese, and dress with the mushrooms. Eat immediately, or wrap the sandwich in a parchment paper and eat within 4 hours.