I’m on a mission to find new ways (at least for me) to eat watermelon. And here is the watermelon gazpacho I made for Meatless Monday. It’s good.
The quantities in the recipe here are for 2. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes, plus 2 hours of chilling time.
- 3 cups of diced watermelon, divided
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
In the blender, add 2 cups of watermelon, the tomato, cucumber, 2 tablespoons of chives, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
Keep covered in the fridge at least 2 hours before eating.
Before serving, divide into two serving bowls, add the remaining watermelon (cut into bite-sized cubes) and chives. And enjoy!
Nice with some toasted whole grain bread.