Simple to make, this sautéed kale and beans goes well with a fried egg for an easy brunch or a vegetarian main dish.
The quantities in the recipe here are for 2. It’s ready in 20 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups packed of shredded kale leaves (I use dino kale)
- 1 – 1 ½ cups of cooked white beans (rinsed if from a tin)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Optional: splash of fresh lemon juice, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or Parmesan cheese
In a skillet over high heat, add the olive oil and onion (and the red pepper flakes if used), and cook stirring often for about 2 minutes. Add the kale, garlic and beans, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook stirring often until the kale is wilted and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add some lemon juice or grated Parmesan cheese if used. And eat at once!