Smoothie is another way of enjoying kale, and its nutritional benefits. It’s an excellent source of vitamins K, A, C, manganese and copper, and a very good source of vitamins B6, E, B2 (riboflavin), calcium, potassium and dietary fibre.
The quantity here serves 2. This smoothie is ready in 10 minutes or so.
- 2 cups of raw kale (fresh or frozen) roughly chopped
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and sliced (I use frozen banana)
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk (recipes: homemade cashew milk and almond milk)
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
Combine the kale, banana, blueberries, milk, water and maple syrup in the blender, and blend until smooth.
Serve in two glasses. Clean the blender straight away (it makes life easier).