This simple raw, grated carrot salad – Carottes râpées, is so French! Commonly found in France’s bistros and cafés, it is even sold ready-made in supermarkets.
The quantities in the recipe are for 2. This vegetarian salad is ready in 20 minutes, or so.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- Black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped (it’s great also with fresh coriander)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
In a serving bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by mixing until smooth the olive oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), Dijon mustard, and the salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the garlic and parsley. Add the grated carrot, toss well, and eat at once!
For less crunchy carrots: keep the salad in the fridge few hours before eating – they will soften because of the vinaigrette.