This homemade pumpkin spice latte is both a winter drink and a sweet treat. It’s perfect for the Christmas holidays!
I made this latte using homemade pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice blend, and whipped cream, but they can of course be substituted by store-bought ones.
The quantities in the recipe here make 2 lattes.
For the homemade whipped cream
- ¼ cup of cold heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of agave syrup
For the latte
- ¼ cup of hot espresso (2 shots) or strong coffee
- 2 cups of milk (I use whole milk)
- ¼ cup of canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons of honey, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or a homemade blend, recipe below)
Make the whipped cream: in a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and agave syrup, and whip using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk to firm peaks (I use an electric hand mixer). Set aside.
Make the espresso/coffee, and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, pumpkin purée and honey, and heat until just hot (but not boiling). Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and espresso/coffee.
Divide the latte between 2 large mugs, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
Homemade pumpkin pie spice blend
Makes about 4 tablespoons.
- 7 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon of ground clove
- A pinch (⅛ teaspoon) of ground cardamom
Combine all the ingredients in a small airtight jar.