There are nice strawberries at the souq now, so I bought a bit. We ate some just like that, and with the leftovers I made this strawberry lassi.
Lassi is a popular, traditional, yogurt-based drink from India. It can be sweet, or salty, with spices, with fruits, or just plain. Lassi is a refreshing drink, and I think it’s great for breakfast or for a healthy snack.
The quantities in the recipe are for 2 people. It’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup of hulled and halved strawberries
- ¾ cup of plain or Greek yogurt (I used a 200-g pot of plain yogurt)
- 1 cup of chilled water
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of agave syrup according to the sweetness of the strawberries
- ½ teaspoon of rose water or orange blossom water
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Ice cubes
- Few pistachios, chopped for garnish (optional)
Combine the strawberries, yogurt, water, agave syrup, rose water or orange blossom water, and cardamom in the blender, and blend until smooth.
Pour into two glasses (and clean the blender straight away), add some ice cubes and garnish with some chopped pistachios, and enjoy!