This was a new way for me to prepare Jerusalem artichokes. After taking the picture, we devoured them as a snack! It’s a recipe I found on Bon Appétit.
The quantities here serve 2. These balsamic Jerusalem artichokes are ready in 30 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of peeled and diced Jerusalem artichokes (it’s about 450 g unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter (about 15 g)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (about 5-cm sprig)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
In a skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, and add the Jerusalem artichokes, water, salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring often covered for 8 minutes and uncovered for 8 minutes more until golden. Transfer the Jerusalem artichokes to a serving bowl, and reserve.
In the same skillet, add the butter and rosemary, and cook stirring often for 2 minutes or until the butter browns. Remove from the heat, and add the balsamic vinegar scraping up the browned food residues. Stir this sauce into the Jerusalem artichokes, and serve!